WMUV believes that lives can change when adults discover, embrace, and live the call to missions. Below are Opportunities to Engage, Upcoming Events, and Related Resources.
Opportunities to Engage
In remaining true to our mission, WMUV provides opportunities for every person – regardless of age or ability – to join Jesus Christ where He is at work in the world. Let your life skills, spiritual gifts, and God-given passions connect you the perfect opportunity to “Engage” in mission and ministry.
- Hunger Initiatives
- Standing Rock Reservation
- Christian Women’s Job Corps (CWJC)
- Parish/Faith Community Nurse
Take a journey of discovery as you explore the various mission and ministry opportunities available through WMUV. Be transformed as you discover how God can use you to change lives.
With its various events held throughout the year, WMUV provides meaningful experiences to deepen relationships with Christ, connecting points for practical mission ideas and leadership opportunities for women, students and children to develop their abilities.
- Women on Mission for women, and Adults on Mission for both men and women, are missions organizations of WMU, through which adults pray for and give to missions, do missions, learn about missions, and grow spiritually toward a missions lifestyle. Monthly updates to this site include the latest news on missionaries, missions work, and new projects among unreached peoples. Also provided are studies, inspirational and instructional information, plus other resources and suggestions
- The United States is home to many cultures whose native language is not English. WMU hopes to reach these people’s hearts for Christ through providing resources in their “heart” language.
- Global Women invite you to join us as we investigate the global needs of women, discover ways to share our influence, and respond as God calls to involvement.
- CBF produced mission material for adults – Affect™- is a full-color quarterly magazine that gives adults insight into the missional journey and engages them in meaningful prayer and active response. Use Affect in group experiences, worship, Bible study, church publications, and at home.
- Sisters Who Care is a part of a national organization of Baptist women, age 18 and above, of all races, classes, and backgrounds.
Contact at 1-800-255-2428 ext. 8267 with any related questions or requests.